Coronavirus Pandemic - I have decided to resume farm calls as routine veterinary care is essential to the health and well being of our horse population. Please plan on the following steps to ensure everyone's safety:
1. Practice social distancing by maintaining a distance of 6 feet or more at all times.
2. I will be wearing a mask and nitrile gloves. Please wear a mask for the appointment and gloves if you have them.
3. Place horse in cross ties if possible with a lead rope attached and step back. In many cases I can examine and treat the horse by myself. If this is not possible please stand on
the opposite side of the horse, away from me.
4. If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or have been exposed to a friend or family member with such symptoms, please cancel or reschedule your appointment.
5. Certain non-essential services may be delayed.
Please note that I am disinfecting my equipment, supplies, and vehicle prior to proceeding to each farm.
Telemedicine may be a viable option to avoid less critical ambulatory farm calls.
USEF Vaccination Requirement - All horses entering the show grounds must be accompanied by documentation of Equine Influenza Virus and Equine Herpes Virus (Rhinopneumonitis) vaccinations within six months.
USEF requires all horses competing in hunter/jumper sanctioned events to be microchipped. Sanctioned events restricted by breed do not have to comply with this rule.
Microchipping: Microchips are now required for horses newly registered with the FEI. All horses may be microchipped. The procedure is simple and permanent and provides foolproof identification for any horse. It is essential for the identification of horses following natural disasters. Please ask for more details.